Tuesday 12 January 2016

2016 - A New Year with a new Program

2015 was a great year, in which I presented 30 gigs to the 'Ballymore Faithful'! Audiences were great, with plenty of new faces joining the ranks of the regulars. The long-established ethos of 'quiet attentiveness' has remained unadulterated; new listeners have quickly understood, and valued, the wonderful respect that is shown to all musicians who come to play for us - for that, I am thankful, and, indeed, reassured that there are still people who do want to go to gigs to listen to the music. So, on behalf of all the musicians, and myself thank-you, one and all, for your continued support. Do please keep it up - we need you as much as you need us!
2016 promises to be another great year of gigs, with much of the first half of the year already booked. As usual, I'll be presenting a mix of returning favourites, and quality acts new to BAG. Striking the balance between the two is always the challenge, but I think you'll enjoy what comes your way, even if I can't give everyone their every wish! Believe me when I tell you that inquiries for bookings, far outnumber the available Mondays. However, there's always 2017, and beyond! 
This year, as last, all gigs will start at 9pm - unless otherwise advertised, with doors generally opening at 8:30pm. Admission price will generally be the same, too, at just €12, but there will be some higher profile acts who will command a little more. "That's understandable", I hear you say. Well, I thank you for your understanding!

Check back regularly, as I'll be posting monthly updates - I can't sustain last year's individual gig postings - with artist info, website and video links. Please note that when posted the monthly updates may not be complete, and this will be indicated at time of posting - further acts may be added, filling in the gaps.
If you do the whole Facebook thing, head on over to the new BAG Like Page at: 

If you'd like to be added to the Mailing List, email ballymoregigs@gmail.com

Here's to another great year of magic nights in Mick Murphy's Bar in Ballymore Eustace, Co. Kildare!

See ye in Mick's!

R.T.



No comments:

Post a Comment